Columbia, Maryland, has frequent rainfall of an average of 44 inches. And, since this city has permeable sandy clay soil, water can easily seep into the basement through common sources like cove joints, window well, floor cracks, etc. The excessive dampness in your basement causes flooding, wood rot, mold, or mildew growth near the floor joists, etc. So, to keep your basement dry all the time, American Eagle Professional Services, Inc. offers industry-standard permanent basement waterproofing solutions in Columbia, MD. Our experienced professionals use effective and long-lasting interior and exterior waterproofing systems for your home. Do you have any water issues in your basement? Schedule an appointment with us today!
Quality Basement Waterproofing Services in Columbia, MD
Most foundations are made of concrete, which is a porous material filled with cracks, small holes, and imperfect joints. So, when the soil surrounding the foundation gets filled with water after heavy rain, the hydrostatic pressure in the water pushes the water into the porous foundation, causing the basement to leak. Other reasons why the basement gets damaged are due to interior basement leaks, poor foundation drainage, and cracks in the basement floors. So, whenever you notice leaks, flooding, humidity, or musty smells, you need to get your basement waterproofed ASAP!
When it comes to basement waterproofing, just addressing visible cracks and sealing them is not enough. The true way to fix it is by hiring a professional like us who provides quality basement waterproofing services in Columbia, MD. With our quality basement waterproofing services, we will benefit your home in many ways, such as:
- Reduce the risk of harmful mold growth
- Remove moisture and high humidity issues
- Lower your heating and cooling costs
To create a healthier indoor environment, schedule an appointment with us and get a FREE consultation and estimate today!
Common Issues That Require Basement Waterproofing
Puddles and flooding are sure signs that scream the need for basement waterproofing in your home. Here are some of the common telltale signs that show the need for basement waterproofing:
- Cracks is the basement floor or wall: Usually caused by soil movement or hydrostatic pressure, these cracks can lead to water leaks and structural damage. We also offer wall crack repair services that focus on crack repairs.
- Difficulty in opening or closing doors in the basement: This sign is related to moisture-induced expansion or warping.
- Basement walls are curved inward or bulging: Hydrostatic pressure from outside soil can cause walls to buckle.
- Flooded basement after heavy rain: Unaddressed cracks and poor drainage can lead to basement flooding.
- Mold growth in the basement: Damp conditions create the perfect environment for harmful mold. Mold remediation ensures these mold growths are tackled.
- Damp, humid air in the basement: Excess moisture can cause structural damage and negatively affect indoor air quality.
- Efflorescence (i.e., deposits of a white powdery substance) on the basement floor or wall: Mineral-rich water evaporating leaves behind efflorescence, indicating a moisture problem.
- Foundation cracks and water leaks: Caused by soil movement, poor drainage, and hydrostatic pressure, these issues can harm the structural stability of your home.
- Musty odors and earthy smells in the basement: These smells signal the presence of mold and mildew.
- Standing water in the basement: Puddles of water are a clear indication of poor drainage problems.
- Termite damage in basement wooden supports: Damp wood attracts termites, which compromise your basement’s structural integrity.
- Wood rot on framing: Moisture causes wooden framing to deteriorate, jeopardizing the durability of your home’s structure.
- Water stains and moisture in the basement: This sign indicates an insufficient waterproofing system and causes many other problems like stains, efflorescence, and peeling paint.
We offer early inspection, handle the heaviest rains, and remove twice as much water with our efficient waterproofing systems. Keeping your basement dry permanently is our mission. Additionally, we capture the leaks from the walls and door cracks before they reach your basement. So, if you see any of these issues, call us immediately!
What is The Best Waterproofing For A Basement?
We’ve been taking care of your home since the 1990s. So, in our opinion, each case is unique. Therefore, for each case, we use a custom-tailored basement waterproofing plan. Our best waterproofing for a basement includes methods like interior and exterior basement waterproofing. Based on different scenarios, we offer different solutions to keep your basement dry.
Here are some of the typical scenarios and their best waterproofing solutions:
Scenario 1: Older Homes With Foundation Cracks
Exterior basement waterproofing is often the most effective solution here, as it can thoroughly seal and protect your foundation.
Scenario 2: New Construction or Recent Renovation
Interior basement waterproofing is the most practical option in this case, as the work can be completed in tandem with your other projects.
Scenario 3: Homes Prone to Flooding or With High Water Tables
In this case, a comprehensive approach involving drainage, basement waterproofing, and sump pump installation is required to keep your basement dry.
To generate a customized waterproofing solution for your basement, we need more details, like:
- Type of water issue(s)
- The present condition of your basement
- The root cause of the issues
So, call us today, and we will send one of our best waterproofing specialists to your location to generate the best solution for your home in Columbia, Maryland.
Our Basement Waterproofing Services in Columbia Include:
At American Eagle Professional Services, Inc., we pride ourselves on employing the best methods and waterproofing systems, providing only the highest quality of work. To waterproof basements, we only use industry-trusted patented products from SafeBasements Inc., which are durable and 100% effective.
Our basement waterproofing services in Columbia, MD, look something like this:
1. Interior Basement Waterproofing
Interior basement waterproofing is the process of re-routing water out and away from the home. Our interior waterproofing system consists of pipes and drains that catch leaks, which we install under the foundation to collect groundwater.
We keep your basement dry by waterproofing the walls from the inside. Here are some of the products and methods that we use:
- SafeEdge™ Basement Waterproofing: With the help of this water control product, we solve water problems of basement walls and floors and cover joints. In all of the SafeEdge water control systems, a rubber seal allows water to pass into the system while protecting the home’s living space from dangerous soil gases (radon).
- SafeDrain™ Basement Waterproofing: The SafeDrain system features a low-profile and wider design. Its design helps to flow the water adequately while reducing hydrostatic pressure caused by poor soil conditions from your home’s original construction.
- Basement Sump Pump Installation and Replacement: One of the most important aspects of any basement waterproofing system is a reliable sump pump. Its sole task is to remove excess water from your basement. Our experienced team ensures that your sump pump is expertly installed and maintained, protecting your home from water damage and mold.
- SafeBasements™ Multi-Flow Drain Tile: We install this tile around the perimeter of the footer. This tile helps to take on water in slow and steady stages. By maintaining the steady flow rate of the water under your home, you prevent hydrostatic pressure from causing slab cracks under your home.
- Basement Dehumidifiers: To automatically maintain and control the ideal indoor relative humidity (RH) level, remove the musty odor, and prevent mold growth, we provide and install different types, sizes, and capacities of basement dehumidifiers.
Our internal drainage system is a step above traditional methods because not only does it keep soil gasses out of your home, but it also regulates water flow and minimizes clogs.
For effective internal basement waterproofing system installation in Columbia, Maryland, call us today!
2. Exterior Basement Waterproofing
Exterior basement waterproofing consists of gutters and downspouts that collect and lead the water away from the home. It helps keep the gutters clean and seal out the moisture so that the concrete doesn’t absorb it, preventing cracks and leaks. Using advanced techniques and materials, we create barriers from the outside that prevent water infiltration and moisture buildup, preserving your home’s structural integrity.
3. Drainage Basement Waterproofing
Our team specializes in identifying and repairing drainage issues, ensuring that excess water is effectively directed away from your home. We install an exterior drainage system like a French drain. It is a trench-filled system with a perforated pipe and gravel, which allows water to drain naturally from underground. With this system, we divert the excess water from the surface.
For efficient basement waterproofing service, schedule a FREE consultation with us!
What To Expect From A Professional Basement Waterproofing Service?
Here’s what you can expect from a professional basement waterproofing service like us:
1. Thorough Basement Assessment
We always offer you a FREE inspection and guide you through the entire process. Our professionals begin by identifying the accurate source of the water problem by inspecting:
- Basement walls, floors, and ceilings for any visible cracks and gaps.
- Other drainage problems, like clogged gutters or downspouts.
2. Customized Basement Waterproofing Plan & Realistic Quote
After the basement assessment, our professionals will develop a customized basement waterproofing plan. This proposal will include the exact type and method of waterproofing that will be used in your house. We will also show you the exact cost that you will need to incur to complete the particular basement waterproofing.
3. Professional Installation Basement Waterproofing
Our waterproofing technicians are IICRC-certified. Hence, they know how to handle interior and exterior waterproofing products and carefully install them. All of the basement waterproofing that we do is effective and long-lasting.
4. Warranty on Repairs
Depending on the method of basement waterproofing done, we offer a lifetime warranty on French drains and a manufacturer’s warranty on SafeBasement’s products.
Why Choose American Eagle For Your Next Basement Waterproofing Project in Columbia, MD?
With our guaranteed basement waterproofing solutions, we’ve helped many homeowners in Columbia, MD, by turning their leaky basement into a permanently dry living and storage space. After being in the business for three decades, we have ample experience to get the job done right the first time.
Here are some reasons why we stand out from the crowd when it comes to basement waterproofing projects in Columbia:
- Patented Products: We adhere to strict industry standards. Hence, we only use patented products that are favorable to Columbia’s unique climate and soil conditions. These waterproofing products are also backed by a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Unwavering Waterproofing Service: As an IICRC certification holder, we always deliver consistent and reliable basement waterproofing services. Our certified experts inspect your basement to identify the root cause of the problem. We’ll create a customized waterproofing plan tailored to your specific needs and budget, made to address the unique issues affecting your basement.
- Timely Execution: We understand the importance of completing your project on time. Our team works efficiently to complete your basement waterproofing project in a timely manner so you can enjoy a dry, safe living space as soon as possible.
- Warranty-Backed Work: Our confidence in the quality of our work and materials is reflected in our industry-leading warranties. In our basement waterproofing services, we provide a solid warranty on all of the repairs that back your investment.
- Exceptional Customer Service: From the first consultation to project completion, our friendly and professional staff will always keep you informed and involved. That’s why we are known to provide a smooth and stress-free experience.
- Competitive Pricing: We understand that basement waterproofing is an essential investment in your home’s health and longevity. Hence, we offer competitive and transparent pricing to provide you with the best value for your money without hidden fees.
Contact Basement Waterproofing Specialists In Columbia, MD—American Eagle
Water damage leads to costly structural repairs and mold growth that threatens the health and safety of your home. Protect your basement and your peace of mind by scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation with us today. We are the top-rated basement waterproofing specialists in Columbia, MD. Call us at 1 (410) 263-9682 or contact us online to get started on safeguarding your home’s future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The cost of basement waterproofing in Columbia, MD, depends on the length of the drain tile to be installed. The typical cost could run from $2000 to $15000.00.
Absolutely. Basement waterproofing techniques truly help keep the water away from the foundation and remove any water that manages to get inside the home. Without any basement waterproofing, water will intrude into your basement, causing structural damage to your home and decreasing your indoor air quality.
Usually, full-basement waterproofing isn’t covered by insurance in Columbia, MD. However, it depends on different situations:
- If the water in your basement has intruded because of internal issues like broken pipes or appliances, the damage will fall under the coverage.
- In contrast, if a lack of home maintenance causes basement flooding, then insurance won’t cover basement waterproofing costs.
The main advantage of basement waterproofing is that it can help you save money in the long run by preventing moisture from entering your home. The disadvantage of basement waterproofing is that the labor charge for installation is typically expensive.
Generally, well-maintained basement waterproofing can last you 15 to 20 years. However, the specific lifetime depends on different factors, such as:
- Type of waterproofing system used
- Quality of installation
- Timely maintenance
Here’s how you can fix a leaky basement from the inside:
- Check where the water is coming from
- Get rid of excess humidity by adding a dehumidifier
- Insulate pipes and basement walls
- Waterproof the basement walls
- Install a drainage pump, a sump pump, and a French drain
- Add gutters and downspout extenders and properly grade the foundation exterior
If you want to waterproof your basement effectively in Columbia, MD, call us. Our basement waterproofing experts use various industry-standard techniques by installing patented products such as SafeEdge™ Basement Waterproofing, SafeDrain™ Basement Waterproofing, and so on.