The Importance of Basement Waterproofing
When the weather starts getting nasty and compromises areas of your home, one of the most threatened areas is the basement. Luckily, there are fantastic ways to protect your basement from trouble. Water is the most intrusive element in basements. Because basements are below ground, water can seep in through foundation and wall cracks that may not be noticeable to you. When your home is hit with basement water damage, it is important to have professionals, like those from American Eagle, come in and waterproof your basement.
What causes water damage issues in your Anne Arundel County basement? Here are a few things to look for:
- Wall or floor cracks: when the foundation of your home is compromised, water is very good at sneaking in between small cracks and crevices and causing damage.
- Faulty plumbing: Pipes that line the inside of your walls are just one example of where water damage can occur. If the plumbing is backed up, or if the pipes are not checked regularly, disaster can strike.
- Excess water in the soil: The soil and ground of your home is very important. If there is too much water surrounding your home, however, it can push the soil into your home and cause the seals of your basement to become compromised.
- Puddles: when you see excess water in places that it should not be, that is a very good indication that you have a problem.
Why should you waterproof your basement? Here are a few things the professionals can install to help the waterproofing process:
- Safe Edge: this is designed for the walls of your basement. It allows the water to go through a seal without letting dangerous soil gasses enter the living areas of your home.
- Safe Drain: this is designed for the flooring in your basement. It allows water to flow freely while also reducing hydrostatic pressure caused by poor soil solutions.
- Sump Pump: these are usually the most important thing when waterproofing your basement. They are designed to collect water that would usually leak into your home and expel it away from your home instead.
- Basement Dehumidifiers: this will allow for the correct amount of humidity to be present in your basement. It also helps prevent the growth of mold or mildew, which can be a pretty big health hazard.
Basement Waterproofing In Anne Arundel County
Basement waterproofing is a great way to get ahead of potential water damage that may come your way. Do not hesitate to contact local professionals, like those at American Eagle with any waterproofing questions you may have. They have the professional expertise and knowledge to know what types of systems should be installed to allow for the best waterproofing for your home.